Zen monks don’t know much about muscle, but they know a lot about living long, unstressed lives.
One of their secrets: drinking matcha green tea. Matcha literally means “powdered tea.”
One of the oldest and strongest tea drinks in the world is the Matcha tea. It comes from Japan, but people around the world drank it for thousands of years. It has an amazing taste and color and it is very healthy.
A single cup of Matcha tea provides a wide range of health benefits.
- Boosts metabolism and it is awesome if you want to lose weight 30% faster than the others.
- Fights cancer because it is a great antioxidant
- Provides an instant natural boost because it contains powerful combination of unique compounds.
- Prevents premature aging, protects against UV and skin diseases.
- Detox treatment
How to make matcha green tea powder without a whisk, the easy way!
- Take between 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of matcha powder p/cup. (This is down to personal preference on how strong you like your matcha, it is best to experiment!)
- Add 50ml (ish) of just below boiling water (around 80 degrees) – this is important, you must not burn the powder or it will taste bitter. If you’re not sure, too cool is better than too hot!
- Mix in a W shape, using an aerated frother whisk, a kitchen whisk or a fork. Make sure you whisk well and get rid of all lumps, getting all the matcha from around the cup or any that might be stuck at the bottom. This is important too, if you don’t mix well your matcha will taste chalky or lumpy.
- Once you have a liquid paste texture top up your cup with 80 degree water, stiring as you go.
- Enjoy! Top Tip: If you prefer to use orange juice or milk (hot or cold) instead of water for step 4 you can do!
How to consume it:
Drink 1 cup of tea every morning and every evening.